Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Programming sequences in FatFrog

dfcowell

Hey everyone, I have the FatFrog set up and I can use the preset faders, flash, solo and crossfade controls. Is there any way I can do more complex shows without investing in dynamic lighting fixtures? I'm thinking things like preprogrammed flashing of channels, things like that (I gave the flash button on one of the channels a hammering a few nights ago, can't be too good for it :oops: ).

There's got to be a better way to do this (my fingers were numb after pressing it about 100 times a minute), if so, could someone walk me through it? I find the manual to be a bit obscure in how it explains some things.

Another question: How do the fixtures work? Do you plug an external dimmer box with some form of lighting control into the desk or are the fixtures plugged directly into the back of the desk via DMX?

What you need is to program some chase memories (sometimes called sequences).

You can then run these from the memory stack or transfer them to a submaster and run them that way.

Submasters are probably better as you can run them when you want rather than selecting a memory and pressing the GO button.

For information on programming chases see THIS TOPIC

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Thanks K-Nine, my problem now is that when I hold down the Mem. Type button, it doesn't change from "scene" to "chase".

Also, do I have to assign Preset channels to fixtures or can I use Preset channels?

EDIT: Don't worry, fixed it, it only worked after a desk reset though... :?

Thanks K-Nine, my problem now is that when I hold down the Mem. Type button, it doesn't change from "scene" to "chase".

Also, do I have to assign Preset channels to fixtures or can I use Preset channels?

EDIT: Don't worry, fixed it, it only worked after a desk reset though... :?

You need to be in the memories screen for the mem type. button to work! You can't program a chase directly onto a submaster I'm afraid, use a memory and copy it with the "transfer no/with time" buttons on the frontpanel (check the manual for that).

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

• 2 weeks later...

What I really want to do though, is make a chase where my red lights on preset channel 3 stay on and my blue lights on channel 4 flash on and off at 1 second intervals. When I program the first step of the chase, I program it with channel 3 at 10 (the slider position) then I press insert to insert a new step (is this right? I think this is where I mucked up) and leave the channel 3 slider at 10 and move the channel 4 slider to 10. I press program, a new one comes up. I move my blue slider to 0, but it doesn't change the level, it's still at 100% in the chase step.

Any help would be appreciated.

When programming chases, it's often best to have the Playback X master fader at zero, otherwise the previous step that you programmed will be added to the current outputs, which I think is what you're seeing here.

Just a hint though: for the effect you describe, you only actually need 2 steps in your chase :)

• 1 year later...

The URLs for topics have changed since we moved to new forum software, so for example:

http://support.zero88.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1351

becomes

http://support.zero88.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=1351

We're working on getting the links automatically redirected, but for now you can manually work them out if you need to. I've fixed the link above for convenience.