Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Chases and submasters

samcoombes

If I programme a chase (let's say on memory 4) can this be transfreed to a submaster?

Also, can the gain on the submaster determine the speed of the chase, or does this get done by the speed knob?

I've heard talk of transferring a chase memory to the submaster - how do I go about this? i can't make much sense of the manual!

Thanks!

Program your chase memory.

You can then transfer the chase memory onto a submaster with or without the fade times using the corresponding front panel buttons.

If you are simply transferring a chase memory onto a submaster then see the section Transferring a Memory (2) on page 5-5 of the manual ... I don't think I can explain it much clearer than that :P

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

The position of the submaster fader determines the output level of the HTP channels (dimmer channels and fixture brightness parameters) programmed in the chase memory.

LTP channels (fixture colour, beamshape and position parameters) programmed in the chase are triggered when the submaster is raised past the LTP trigger level.

The speed of the chase is determined by the Speed modifier programmed into the chase memory but may be adjusted live when the chase is running, if required.

The other chase modifiers (direction, attack etc) may also be adjusted live - See This Topic

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace