Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Recycle palettes??

Morten

I have programmed most of a show with 6 SGM Victory2 scanners using the fixture type file found on zero88.com.

The only thing is that in that file, the dimmer is in the brightness parameter and the shutter is in beamshape. And this is also logical.

BUT I would like to be able to shut the lights on and off quickly, with the playback X fader. And when i do that now, the dimmer shuts the light off in like 3 seconds or so. And i would like to shut them on and off very quickly, like pressing a switch.

So i made a new fixture file with the editor, but can i load it into the frog and use the palettes i already made. Or will they not work because i have to assign the new fixtures???

Morten

Hi Morten,

Well, by changing the fixture type, you will have to edit your palettes. It doesn´t matter that you are assigning the "same" fixture type, because you changed the assignment.

Probably that´s a solution of your problem.

You may program a Submaster with just the shutter closed and a zero value for brigtness(please remember, the desk has to be in partial mode and software vers. 8.1 is running). Then set the Submaster Buttons to "SOLO". Now you are able to shut your fixtures very quikly AND temporary. They only shutt as long as you push the assigned Submaster Button. After releasing the Button the last activated Program is played back again.

Another problem I think is that you have programmed your memories with HTP fade times.I´m not sure yet, but I think even if you "pull" the Playback X Fader the fade time has priority.

I hope this helps :D

Cheers

Sven

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna

Well i have all fade times set to zero, the problem is simply that the dimmer is to slow.

Another thing is that i need it not only as a flash function, but to keep the shutters on and off for a period of time...

I am thinking if it is possible to activate a palette and the copy the dmx values to the new fixture and then save that on a palette...

(copying fixture data is described in page 4-6 in the frog series operating manual, software vers. 5.0.) (i have 8.1 on my frog...)

Morten