Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Lock Function

Kalmatthew

As I've said before an enhanced lock function would be great.

Well if you're just using the playback X and Go button you could go to a blank page of subs, turn the flash buttons off, and put the preset masters to zero.

Oh, and ask your operators to be a bit more careful :wink:

sp

• 7 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I have this problem too.

I think all your ideas when put together represent a do-able and practical solution.

[OFF TOPIC]

Also - is there a way to set the desk up so when the"pubescent grown ups"

(as Haytech calls them) touch any button it would sent the lights all on at full or all completely out - not an answer to any of our problems -but a good embarrasing way to teach them not to fiddle with it during assembley. And we might get an insight as to who pulled the fader knob (the rubber bit) of submaster 11 - well i think its number 11.

(BUSTED) lol

Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

I will be using a Fat Frog for a Show next week I haven't had chance to get to use the desk yet.

I have been flicking through the manual, saw how to lock the setup screens but on previous desks I have used there was a combination of buttons you pressed to lock the board, i.e: All Buttons Inoperative unless a combination was pressed.

I was wondering if the Lock Screens in shown in the manual is the same as this or not, and if not is there a way of doing this?

Cheers,

Martin

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I must admit the news on this I do have is all bad. We have a Mambo frog in a nightclub, with set timers on strobe usage, and fog machine time, and output controls, problem is the DJ's "Mates" who help themselves to the desk, also have worked out how to over-ride my programming by using the channel outputs controls. Worse still they leave the outputs up, and the DJ's don't know how to fix it because I don't want them to know how to play with outputs! A little more security would be a great help!

• 3 months later...