Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Wrong information on wheel LCD

ice

Downloaded the new software today and gave it a test run. I really like the new individual programming features, but I did stumble upon a bug in the new software.

When programming pallets (I was working in beamshape, but I don't think that matters a lot) and recalling them, sometimes the wheel LCD didn't show the correct parameters. When I turned the wheel, the gobo started changing while the LCD was displaying "focus" above that wheel, very confusing! I pressed the beamshape button and the LCD switched to the next group as it should, but the wheels changed group too (so they didn't match again). Another press on the beamshape button didn't change the LCD info, but did change the wheels, now everything was fine again. Pressing it a few times more didn't produce the error again. I guess it is produced by recalling a partial programmed pallet... try it yourself and you'll notice it right away.

Also I would like for the 1 second button presses to be altered to, lets say half a second. Re-programming pallets takes more time than it should, just because you have to press the damn button so long :)

Also the way of accessing the wheel mode is slow (1 second also), could that maybe (also) be done by pressing the wheel group and the corresponding attribute button? Pressing wheel group+beamshape would display the wheel mode of the beamshape attributes, and scrolling the middle wheel would alter it.... something like that.

And the last one: I reported the groups sticking bug in the last software version, that one hasn't been fixed in this software update while I think it should be, I recon that can't be an awfull lot of work.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

When programming pallets (I was working in beamshape, but I don't think that matters a lot) and recalling them, sometimes the wheel LCD didn't show the correct parameters. When I turned the wheel, the gobo started changing while the LCD was displaying "focus" above that wheel, very confusing! I pressed the beamshape button and the LCD switched to the next group as it should, but the wheels changed group too (so they didn't match again). Another press on the beamshape button didn't change the LCD info, but did change the wheels, now everything was fine again. Pressing it a few times more didn't produce the error again. I guess it is produced by recalling a partial programmed pallet... try it yourself and you'll notice it right away.

Did you have multiple fixtures of different types selected?

Also I would like for the 1 second button presses to be altered to, lets say half a second. Re-programming pallets takes more time than it should, just because you have to press the damn button so long :)

The time could be changed easily enough, if there was a general consensus on this :)

Also the way of accessing the wheel mode is slow (1 second also), could that maybe (also) be done by pressing the wheel group and the corresponding attribute button? Pressing wheel group+beamshape would display the wheel mode of the beamshape attributes, and scrolling the middle wheel would alter it.... something like that.

Wheelgroup + Attribute is already used to tag/un-tag that attribute for the selected fixtures (if held for 1s).

I reported the groups sticking bug in the last software version, that one hasn't been fixed in this software update while I think it should be

You're right, 5529 was not included in the last release! Neither were a lot of other suggestions. If we did every suggestion ever made, you wouldn't have 10.0 yet, we'd still be working on it! Don't worry, it's not forgotten, it just wasn't on the list of must-haves for 10.0.

Did you have multiple fixtures of different types selected?

Multiple MAC250's, but no other fixture types. The MACs were programmed with exactly the same parameters.

The time could be changed easily enough, if there was a general consensus on this :)

Nice, I think half a second or so works better.

Wheelgroup + Attribute is already used to tag/un-tag that attribute for the selected fixtures (if held for 1s).

Ah yeah, sorry I'm not into all the new features just yet :) If the time was reduced a bit that would solve my problem too.

You're right, 5529 was not included in the last release! Neither were a lot of other suggestions. If we did every suggestion ever made, you wouldn't have 10.0 yet, we'd still be working on it! Don't worry, it's not forgotten, it just wasn't on the list of must-haves for 10.0.

Okay, just checking.... the 10.0 version is great! Looking forward to the next update with move on dark functionality. Also I don't exactly get what u guys mean with tracking, what's that?

Used the new software for a show yesterday and this LCD bug is really annoying. Using some MAC250+ movers I touched beamshape, the display told me "focus" above the centre wheel. I sweeped it to 255 because I wanted to have blurry spots... nothing happend for 3 seconds and them all the bulbs were turned off. A look at the fixtures output screen told me I was working shutter instead of focus. This really needs to be fixed, couldn't use my movers for 10 minutes of the show :(

If it's not too much of a problem, maybe a beta or 10.0.1 version could be released updating this bug. It's really making the console a bit worthless in live situations.

I'm also planning on giving my collegues a training course in about 2 weeks and it would be nice if this thing was fixed (and the other stuff implemented ;)). Any idea on an ETA for the update?

• 3 weeks later...