Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Fixture Library

swoosh

Not sure where to put this thread, but I just downloaded the latest fixture type editor and I expected to be different from the one I had. That one is 2 years old. But I don't see many changes.

I am using some fixtures during a show this weekend, that cannot be found in the library. I think it's a bit weird that a Martin Mac 250 Entour cannot be found. And although it's not brilliant, I assumed that the Oby3 and Oby5 from Geni were implemented by now.

Am I missing something? Don't I have the latest editor? I have been told that the oby's are already in the console, but wanted to bring my own library just in case. Problem is that I don't have a manual of the Oby series, so I really have no idea in which way the dmx channels are used. Not a very big problem, but are new units not implemented? For instance, If I make a personal fixture for the Oby's, it would be nice that this was implemented right away. This way we should not all be busy inventing the wheel again.

Well, just a thought.

Hi Swoosh and welcome to the new Support forums :-)

The latest fixture library is release 15, which can be found here. The fixture editing tools haven't been updated for a while, but they work fine with Release 15. Release 15 contains over 1100 fixtures, including the Oby3, Oby5 and Mac 250 Entour.

If you have any furthur questions about the library, feel free to ask. A complete list of supported fixtures is included with the library download.

Peter

Peter Kirkup