Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

More palettes

Morten

mmm, multiple pallete pages is ok, but using the submaster flashbuttons would be a bit annoying i think. I use the submaster flashbuttons quite a lot and in order to switch pallete pages i would have to first turn them off, switch pages and the turn them on again. Maybe another combination button would be better, say like, holding the f1 button and then using the submaster page select button to select the pallete page?

2*24 pallet should be implemented by the switch 1-24, 25-48 button on the front panel, but I believe not every Frog has that button or something like that.

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

mmm, multiple pallete pages is ok, but using the submaster flashbuttons would be a bit annoying i think. I use the submaster flashbuttons quite a lot and in order to switch pallete pages i would have to first turn them off, switch pages and the turn them on again. Maybe another combination button would be better, say like, holding the f1 button and then using the submaster page select button to select the pallete page?

as far as I can see Ice is talking about the 'channel' flash buttons, not the submaster ones.

Still, I don't really see that much added value, as you would 'have' to be working blind for this. And believe me, it isn't that great (yes I tried, yesterday night, because they forgot to pack a power connector for my monitor).

When you use the same pallet over and over again, it gets a lot easier. Or just stick some tape underneath your faders and write what's in the pallets.

If you want I can write down all of my pallets here, without even looking at the desk!

1 = OW

2 = CTC

3 = yellow

4 = light blue (141)

etc. etc. 8) 8) 8)

I don't use the monitor for that anymore, finding the colour you need on there takes way too much time.

2x24 Pallettes would be very very useful. My Beamshape Pallete is completely full with the stuff of my Technobeams (Gobo, Shutter, FX Wheel etc.) So I had to modify the Fixture Datatype of our new laser, so that the 2 Channels are controled by Position Pallette instead of Beamshape, because there is no space in Beamshape anymore. (I don't use many positions for the my scanners)

The monitor output could be changed to 25-48 easily (similar to submaster screens, when swiching Palette Page on the Channel Flash Button switch.

Or maybe all Pallettes are viewed on the monitor screen. Exept of the Bull Frog/Mambo Frog there is enough space for them on one screen. Bull and Mambo could have a second Pallete Screen then.

So, if you don't start drinking...I'm gonna leave!!!

2x24 Pallettes would be very very useful. My Beamshape Pallete is completely full with the stuff of my Technobeams (Gobo, Shutter, FX Wheel etc.) So I had to modify the Fixture Datatype of our new laser, so that the 2 Channels are controled by Position Pallette instead of Beamshape, because there is no space in Beamshape anymore. (I don't use many positions for the my scanners)

The monitor output could be changed to 25-48 easily (similar to submaster screens, when swiching Palette Page on the Channel Flash Button switch.

Or maybe all Pallettes are viewed on the monitor screen. Exept of the Bull Frog/Mambo Frog there is enough space for them on one screen. Bull and Mambo could have a second Pallete Screen then.

You can always combine pallets of course! If you use pallets 1-6 for technobeams and your laser you can select the fixtures you want to recall pallets for. That way you could combine some stuff, but you're right; when a fixture has some cool beamshape options 24 pallets isn't that much.

Yeah, I knew that recalling a pallet will only affect selected Fixtures, thats why I use them heavily :-) Didn't managed such behavior on subs....would be cool thing though.

The Technobeams have 8x5 gobo possibilities (Gobo+FX Wheel) plus different shutter things (I like wild white fast strobing effects and ear protection, when our DJ plays Electronic Noise Stuff occasionally :twisted: ) that I need and for heavens sake I can now just combine those two wheels with V10 instead of programming 40 Beamshapes :-)

That means 13 Gobos and say about 8 Strobe/Shutter effects. So 24 pallets are enough for my scanners....but then the laser enters the realm:-) (255 Anims *gggg*)

So I think 24 pallets are enough when you have a set of the same type of fixtures connected, but with 2 or more types you will often run out of palletes.

So let's see if it may be implemented by our hard working software-smithes :)

Yeah, I knew that recalling a pallet will only affect selected Fixtures, thats why I use them heavily :-) Didn't managed such behavior on subs....would be cool thing though.

The Technobeams have 8x5 gobo possibilities (Gobo+FX Wheel) plus different shutter things :)

erm, wouldn't 13 (8+5) (or 15, if you include 2 'off' functions) pallet positions do? that way you can still make 8x5 combinations?

Before version 10 of the Software: No, because there are 2 Gobo Wheels. One with 8 positions, one with 5 (including open positions) You use both wheels simultaneously you can reach 40 different Beamshapes. Of course with separate fully adjustable rotation of both Gobowheels :) You had to program 40 pallets or if you don't have such an amount of them, renounce.

Since version 10 this is no problem anymore. I just have to program 15 pallets and can reach my adored Beamshape then with a maximum amount of 2 button-presses.

So thank Frog for V10 8)