Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

500 Desk Crashing

stephengreatorex

Whilst plotting yeaterday, I had a number of occasions where in changing the fade times of certain scenes the desk would come up with the usual prompt of 'Save' 'Lose' and that would be it. It would freeze. After about 30 secs it would blue screen and it had to be reset.

Is this a common problem. I did wonder at first if it was overheating?

Also, is it just me or do the wheels operate the wrong way round when programming intelligents??

Any help greatly recieved

Steve

• 3 months later...

Hi Steve

Some weeks ago I encountered the same problem. While changing some fadetimes my desk crashed. Additionaly I had a deskcrash in the patchwindow as well. While I was unpatching the unneeded channels (setting them to 999), the desk suddently freezed and it had to be reset.

I don't think that it is an overheating problem. But I am wondering, if this is a bug or if I had done something wrong or to fast?

Greets stagefrog

• 2 years later...
Hi Steve

Some weeks ago I encountered the same problem. While changing some fadetimes my desk crashed. Additionaly I had a deskcrash in the patchwindow as well. While I was unpatching the unneeded channels (setting them to 999), the desk suddently freezed and it had to be reset.

I don't think that it is an overheating problem. But I am wondering, if this is a bug or if I had done something wrong or to fast?

Greets stagefrog

Hi all,

we've bought an Illusion 500 last Week. Same Problem while unpatching with 999. Desk will crash sometimes, sometimes not.

999 and "enter" = 90% Crash

999 and cursor = 30%

Please fix that ;)

Greetz

ps: sorry for my bad english