Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

ICBP indicators not clearing

LeeStoddart

Sometimes I want to remove all the colour changes which are in a cue (ie make the colour track through from the previous cue) I have found it difficult to remove the C from the Data column on the memories display.

In the show I've just programmed I have two groups of scrollers (groups 9 and 12) and a group of MAC500s (group 14) - everything else is conventionals so have no Colour attribute.

On the Colour tab of the PW, I expect to be able to ...

select GROUP 9 then press and hold COLOUR - the colour parameter should then be UNTAGGED

select GROUP 12 then press and hold COLOUR - the colour parameter should then be UNTAGGED

select GROUP 14 then press and hold COLOUR - all the colour parameters should be UNTAGGED

then SAVE

but when I come back to the memory screen the C is still present under the data field.

Sometimes I have resorted to selecting the First Fixture and then using F2 to select each NEXT fixture to confirm that none of them have any colour parameter tagged - and still the C refuses to die :?

Lee Stoddart

I don't think that the syntax you described can be used for tagging/untagging fixture parameters :?

I hate to quote the manual back to its author :wink: but...Page 4-10

The tag status of all the fixture parameters of a particular attribute can be toggled by holding down the attribute button on the front panel for one second.

And in seperate communication you have said

When in the PW the easiest way to untag all dimmer channels is to select all the channels and then hold the BRIGHTNESS button down for approx. 1 second. eg, CHANNEL 1 THRU 70 BRIGHTNESS (hold). If you hold the BRIGHTNESS button down again for approx. 1 second it will tag all the selected channels.

Try the command CHANNEL 1 THRU 10 BRIGHTNESS ENTER. If channels 1-10 are tagged, this will untag them all and vice versa; if some are tagged and others untagged it works on the state of the majority of the channels.

This command syntax also works as a way of tagging/untagging fixture parameters, eg

FIXTURE 1 AND 2 COLOUR ENTER (tags/untags all colour parameters in fixtures 1 and 2)

FIXTURE 5 THRU 8 BEAMSHAPE ENTER (tags/untags all beamshape parameters in fixtures 5,6,7 and 8 )

FIXTURE 10 POSITION ENTER (tags/untags all position parameters in fixture 10) etc...

GROUP 9 COLOUR ENTER should produce the same effect as GROUP 9 COLOUR (hold)

Is there a difference between the action when the BRIGHTNESS button is held down and when the COLOUR button is held down? BRIGHTNESS takes account of the state of the majority of the channels but does COLOUR just toggle each individual fixture or parameter?

It might well be that before I tried to clear this COLOUR setting from the cue I did not have Colour tagged in EVERY fixture in one of the groups - So I might have been seeing the toggle effect.

Lee Stoddart