Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

How can I obtain report in ML sofware ?

avolansky

I have some questions about Illusion 500 (software ML 1.7) :

1) How can I obtain report (*.txt file with channels and their levels in memories) on ML version software? If I can't, why? or can I obtain it from *.isf file with some software on PC ?

2) I have programed memories with fixtures. If I change fixtures in desk setup will data (positions, beamshapes, colours... etc - values of DMX channels) stay unchanged or I wil have to program it again from beginning (I am aware of making small changes) ?

Note: I want change ROBE SCAN 575XT (mode 2) for CLAYPAKY GOLDENSCAN 3 - 1200 HMI and for CLAYPAKY SUPERSCAN ZOOM - 1200 HMI.

3) When I am in EDIT LIVE (e.g. : scene 100) can I PREVIEW other scene (e.g. scene 50) ?

NOTE: e.g.: I am making scene 101 editing by EDIT LIVE from scene 100. I have already changed position of scaners, color... etc and I need ROTO PRISM from scene 50 and I do not remember DMX value.

Thanks for your answer...

1) How can I obtain report (*.txt file with channels and their levels in memories) on ML version software? If I can't, why? or can I obtain it from *.isf file with some software on PC ?

The report functionality was removed from the ML software for a number of reasons, some hardware related and others software related.

2) I have programed memories with fixtures. If I change fixtures in desk setup will data (positions, beamshapes, colours... etc - values of DMX channels) stay unchanged or I wil have to program it again from beginning (I am aware of making small changes) ?

Note: I want change ROBE SCAN 575XT (mode 2) for CLAYPAKY GOLDENSCAN 3 - 1200 HMI and for CLAYPAKY SUPERSCAN ZOOM - 1200 HMI.

If you unassign the fixtures - the corresponding fixture data which was previously programmed into memories, submasters, palettes etc will be removed from the show data.

If you then assign some new fixtures, you will need to go through the show and program them into your memories etc.

However, if you want to keep the original fixture data in your show file you could always just unpatch the unwanted fixtures and then add in your new fixtures, with new fixture numbers. You would still have to program the new fixtures though.

3) When I am in EDIT LIVE (e.g. : scene 100) can I PREVIEW other scene (e.g. scene 50) ?

NOTE: e.g.: I am making scene 101 editing by EDIT LIVE from scene 100. I have already changed position of scaners, color... etc and I need ROTO PRISM from scene 50 and I do not remember DMX value.

You cannot edit a memory (live or blind) AND preview a different memory at the same time ... sorry.

I think you can copy data programmed for fixtures from one memory to another ... I will need to go and check the actual command syntax .... it's been a while since I used an Illusion :D

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace