Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

How I can get colour channel on submaster?

avolansky

I have a problem. I work with Illusion 500 (ML 1.7). I need have colour channel of my fixtures on hand - online. I want change colours by submaster fader.

For example: fixture colour channel have eight colour: WHITE, RED, YELLOW, PINK, GREEN, ORANGE, BLUE, MAGENTA. 100% divided by 8 is 12.5%. When I pull up fader to 12.5% I have RED, to 25% I have YELLOW, 37.5% I have PINk ... etc to MAGENTA. Analogous situation I need when I pull down fader (from MAGENTA to WHITE). I need continuously change colour by fader (by hand).

Analogous situation I need with gobos, prism and others effects.

How I have to do this effect?? Or what I have to change in settings of Illusion?

Now, when I programing scene with fixtures, Brightness is on the fader and others effects (colour, gobos, prism....) are changing immediately (or in some time - given by desk setup). I need change colours by fader like brightness.

thanks for answer.

The way that the submaster functionality is designed means that the actual fader only controls the HTP or brightness channels that are programmed onto it.

As the submaster fader is raised, any LTP channel data (colour, gobo, iris, shutter, pan , tilr etc.) will be triggered at the appropriate trigger level and then snap or fade to the programmed value.

It is not currently possible to control LTP parameters in this way using a submaster fader - sorry :(

However, you could always select the required fixture(s) and attribute and control the parameter live using the control wheels

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

I need to change MORE parameters at the moment. In a moth we are going to have a concert and after that we are going to have a "discoparty". Can I get parameters on the wheels?

I have 4 scaners. Can I get these scaners into GROUP 1 as follows : for example - on first wheel would be shutter, second colour, third gobos?

When I press GROUP 1 it will appear window with all these specified parameters on one screen.

I don't know way to do this.

NOTE: dimmer and scan moves scenes will be on submasters.

thanks for your answer.

Fixture parameters are classified into brightness, colour, beamshape and position in the fixture type profile data.

The parameters displayed and controllable via the control wheels is determined by the fixture type and attribute selected.

If you wanted to have shutter, colour and gobo controllable from the wheels at the same time you would need to edit the fixture profile data using UFTE and move the colour parameter into beamshape, and then check the wheel groups.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace