Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Live Chase Speed Adjustment

dbsound

Guest Thomas

Hello,

would it be possible to make in one of the next software upgrades an upgrade to edit different chaser speed during the show?

I know that it is not easy with running of more then 1 chaser at the same time. Perhaps it can be possible if you press the subgroup-button and then adjust the chaser speed for this subgroup. So it would be great to adjust chaser speed during a show for example of shutter sequenzes with moving lights.

I would be happy if that would be fine in the next software versions

Greets

Thomas

Not sure if it has been mentioned yet but when/if it becomes possible to adjust chase times live, would it be possible to implement a tap tempo speed adjustment as well??? Not sure what button you could use for this maybe one of the functions buttons which isn't used like F4 althought these are not ideally located from an ergonomics point of view.

John Huson

Lighting Manager

Pearce Hire

http://www.pearcehire.co.uk

I had a very odd crash in DMX patch last night!

I am using v5 while waiting for live control of chase speed so you may already know of / have cleared this one.

When going into DMX patch some of the three viewable channels were "missing". I left super user and went back in to patch and then different channels were "missing". A reboot cured it.

I hope this is a v5 thing and hence nothing needs doing but it wasn't devastating anyway.

Dave

One of the possible manifestations of the "chase speed adjustment remaining active after leaving edit" bug (Frog Reference 5362, fixed in release 6.2) is general instability of the desk. It could well be that what you're seeing is a manifestation of this.

We would like to hear if anyone has encountered this problem in later versions of software. What's interesting is that you'd rather use a desk which is potentially unstable than one which doesn't have some form of live chase speed adjustment. Rest assured though that this feature is among the strong contenders for inclusion in a future features update.

Just for reference, the following FR's relate to various chase speed issues:

Frog Reference 5152 - Live adjustment of chase speed on Playback X.

Frog Reference 5364 - Live adjustment of chase speed on Submasters.

Frog Reference 5398 - Ability to set chase speed using a "Beat Button".

Frog Reference 5348 - Editing the chase speed via the LCD.

Frog Reference 5427 - Indication of chase speed and current step for the currently selected chase.

• 1 month later...
Guest Larson

HI FROGERS.

Is there any way to adjust speed of a chase in "live mode"? Or do I have to decide the speed when I program my chase? I have a leap frog.

/J. Larson

Hi Larson,

Not really a debate... we just need to make sure it works properly... else you would all complain ;-)

If you are playing a chase from the memory stack, when it is running, you can hit the 'edit' button and adjust the speed, direction etc.

We currently don't have a function that allows adjustment of a chase running from a submaster.

We are hoping to include these two items in the next features update package.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 1 month later...

For the FROG series:

I know this suggestion has been made, but I want to add my vote:

Add a "Tap Sync" (F-key?) button to change a chase rate on the fly.

And, to take it a step further, how about an overall live chase modification feature? Perhaps allowing you to non-permanently modify the other aspects of a chase (direction, ramping, and rate type) as well?

Here's hopin'!

Mark

• 5 weeks later...

when it cannot be done by upgrading the system, maybe Zero 88 can invent an extern "Tap Tempo Box" including the female jack which can be connected at the audio/trigger input, with a selector on it to use: or audio or Tap Tempo?

I am interested in this (new) feature as well

Regards Lampy

• 4 months later...

hello

is it possible to adjust live de speed of a chase? I use the Mambofrog

When i program a chase for my par 64, i can only use the speed that i have programmed, but during the show i have to adjust this speed, until now i have tried but no result.

is it possible?

Greetz

Hi

Just to keep you all up to date there will be two adjustments possible for speed in the next software version, a global one that will allow you to change the speed of all the chases outputting at that time and a second one that can be used to alter specific chases. When altering specific chases you will also be able to change all the other attributes of the chase, direction, attack etc.

Graham

Graham

Anyone heard of The Blockheads?

Well try leaving them in complete darkness whilst they are singing the popular classic ' hit me with your rhytham stick'

Well thats exactly what happened to me when i was running their concert using the Fat Frog, and 12 Martin Roboscans.

I tried to edit a chase speed in the middle of a submaster program step.

Big mistake!

I ended up losing control of all the scans and all the Pars at the back of the stage all because i had the desk on 'Edit'.

Well we regained control after about a minute of figuring out why we lost control in the first place.

Just thought i'd let you know about what happens when you don't think!

Billy

• 1 month later...

Hopefully the blind edit function (Frog Reference 5379) and the ability to adjust chase modifiers live while the chase is running which are in Version 9.0 will make you happier.

Live adjustment of chase modifers (Direction, Attack, Drive and Speed) applies to all desks in the Frog series :D

See the Version 9.0 Release notes for full details.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Maby you could put a "download update 9" link by all of the Frog desk. Now only the FatFrog has a direct link to the update. Because of that, I was confused.

I have got two more questions, how can I install the update :? (and is there a way back) and the offline editor, how could I come into Superuser???

Maby you could put a "download update 9" link by all of the Frog desk. Now only the FatFrog has a direct link to the update. Because of that, I was confused.

The link to the software update is found here

This update is for all desk of frog series, even the mambo

When you have selected which frog series desk you want and displayed the front panel and monitor screens - you need to click on RUN in the Frog Offline window to start the desk software running in the simulator.

You then use the mouse on the front panel to simulate what you would do on the real desk, eg move faders, press buttons etc.

To get into Super User you need to Right click on the + and - keys so they both have a red dot in them; then click on the ENTER button. Right click on the + and - again to deselect them. You can then navigate through the Super User options in the same way as you would on the desk.

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone