Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Saving data from Illusion 120 to play on Fat frog.

Chris Barham

Hi there,

I'm Lighting a show at a Theatre with an Illusion 120 Board. Firstly could you tell me how similar the operation of this board is to the Frog range?

This is an outside venue which the tour is starting at before transferring to our base in a Studio space at the Uni of Kent.

The theatre in the Uni has a fat frog.

Any chance I can save the show recorded on the Illusion at the outside venue to play on the Frog??

Saving time wouldn't matter so much if I didn't have four other shows to offer any technical support to at the same time! :cry: [/b]

There are a number of similarities between the Frogs and Illusion desks - both have the concept of a memory stack (playback X) which can contain different memory types. The Illusion has a few extra types that the frogs don't (sound to light, ripplesound and multi-part scene).

Both desks have several pages of submasters which can be loaded directly with channel data or contain a transferred memory.

The main difference is that the Illusion has a much more integrated graphical interface such that it can be operated almost entirely via external keyboard and mouse (if preferred).

Programming of memories, submasters etc is generally done via physical faders on the frogs and via the numeric keypad and associated keys via the program Window on the Illusion.

Although the Frog and Illusion show files have the same file extension (I think :? ) the actual format of the show data is different and therefore cannot be transferred between the two types of desk .. sorry.

If you have any other questions on either the Illusion or Frog desks please post in the relevant forums.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace