Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Kind of Glossary

Sven

Hi all,

probably silly questions, but important to me! :lol:

Reading through the Illusion manual- which is a good one :wink: - there are a few words which need a definition, because every lighting desk manufacturer sometimes uses the same vocabulary but in a different meaning.

That´s why I´ld like to have an glossary where words like " Tracking, Macro etc.... are explained in there meaning relating to the desk. I think this would be of help even for starters who don´t know vocabulary like HTP/LTP, Cue, Chase ........ :wink:

My personal missing definition is the Tracking. What is tracked? When does the desk track, ......

ooops my first posting in the Illusion forum! :lol:

cheers

Sven

I've often come across similar problems when trying to interpret peoples questions or problems about the desks :D

Cues/memories/scenes, cue stacks/cue lists/memory stacks, effects/chases/sequences etc...

I'll try and provide the basics of Tracking here. If you need any further info or examples, please let me know.

Memory Data in Partial Mode

In Partial Mode (also known as Tracking Mode) the desk works by only recording the ‘tagged’ dimmer channel and fixture parameter data (as opposed to Full Mode where every dimmer channel and fixture parameter is recorded into the memory).

Changing a dimmer channel or fixture parameter level will automatically tag the channel or parameter. Dimmer channels and fixture parameters can also be tagged manually, if required.

This results in the feature that when you edit a memory, any changes made to the dimmer channel and fixture parameter data are reflected forwards (or tracked) through subsequent memories, until a memory is encountered where such dimmer channels and fixture parameters are programmed at a different level.

The desk also provides track backwards, track forwards and backwards and Cue Only options when editing memories.

This can save a lot of time when plotting and modifying a show as you don't need to change the dimmer or fixture parameter levels in several memories.

Programming Memories

The way that the Illusion 500 desk provides the tracking facility is based on the systematic programming of the memories as follows:

Before programming any memories set the Operating Mode to Partial in Desk Setup.

The memories should be programmed in ascending numerical order.

When programming a memory, each dimmer channel and fixture parameter to be recorded must be tagged. Untagged dimmer channels and fixture parameters will track from previous memories.

Editing Memories – Tracking Options

When editing a programmed memory, the desk software will monitor the dimmer channels and fixture parameters which have been changed. When the user saves the data back into the same memory, he will be given the following tracking options as to what happens to the changed data as follows:

· Track Forwards

· Track Backwards

· Track Forwards and Backwards

· Cue Only.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace