Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Tracking into Qs run out of normal sequence

LeeStoddart

I'm finding that sometimes if I run Qs out of their normal sequence (as I need to do during the plotting or technical session) I don't always get the correct look if settings should have tracked in from previous Qs.

Specifically I can see this on Colour parameters. My current show is using scrollers and I found during the plotting session yesterady that I was not getting consistent results when going back into a scene to review.

I don't have the specifics bacause I was too pressed for time in the session to make detailed notes but the sort of thing I would see might be something like

Q 120 would set colour to Frame 12

Q 121 through 130 do nothing to the scroller

Q 131 through 139 set colour to different frames (say Frame 1, then 2 then 3....then 9)

Say we have progressed through the Qs normally and are at Q135, If I need to go back to say Q128 the scroller would not reset to Frame 12. I would not get the same look as I had when progressing through normally.

I'm sure the sequence of Qs that I was going through was more complex than this but it gives the basic idea of what happens. - Running a Q out of sequence does not always track in Colour parameters.

Lee Stoddart

The way that the tracking function operates internally was reworked significantly for the moving light software.

When playing back cues from the memory stack, it should not matter whether you play them back in strict numerical order or if you just select a memory and then press the Go button. In either case the DMX outputs should be the same.

If you are experiencing problems with the scrollers, could you please send me a copy of your show file, with details of where the outputs are not as expected, and we can investigate further.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

could you please send me a copy of your show file, with details of where the outputs are not as expected, and we can investigate further.

There is a save of the show on its way to you.

I think the problem occurs after doing an EDIT LIVE on a Q. Channels which are TAGGED in the edited Q do not display correctly when Going a different Q after exiting from the EDIT LIVE.

In the example I have sent you I did EDIT LIVE of Q 280 then after exiting from that Q, I selected Q 277 and pressed GO. Channels 66 and 67 stayed at their intensity as in Q280 whereas they SHOULD have tracked in to 277 @ 0. (In Q280 channels 66 and 67 are tagged and change to an intensity of 80 or 100%) Interestingly after seeing Q277 with these two channels still at their bright intensity an EDIT LIVE of Q277 shows them at 0%

Lee Stoddart