Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Multi-part Beamshape Q

LeeStoddart

I think that only the first part of a multi-part beamshape only q executed.

I created a q with four parts - each part set the beamshape parameter for a MAC500 to lamp-on, the parts were timed so that there was three or four second between the start of each. The intention being that the four MACS don't all strike at exactly the same time.

When I pressed GO and watched the DMX output window only the parameters in the first part executed. The queue did run for the 12 seconds or so.

I will send you a copy of the show file.

Lee Stoddart

I have just programmed a 4 part multi-part scene here which included brightness/colour/beamshape/position parameter values for a different fixture in each part. (eg Part 1 had values for fixture 5, part 2 for fixture 6, part 3 for fixture 7 and part 4 for fixture 8 ).

If you have just programmed say beamshape for a fixture in each part, you need to make sure that you have correctly programmed the Beamshape Delay and Beamshape Transition times for each part.

The Memories screen only shows the delay/fade/transition times for one attribute at a time, therefore you have to change the screen to display the attribute's times that you want by pressing the corresponding attribute button (eg BEAMSHAPE).

I admit that I forgot that at first and wondered why all my LTP parameters all snapped on pressing GO, but the brightness fades were staggered as expected :oops:

Check that the Beamshape delay and transition times have been set correctly for each part.

If there is still a problem, please let me know and I will investigate further :)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace