Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Wheel assignment for User created Fixtures

LeeStoddart

In my next show I have the pleasure of using some Pulsar Chroma Panels. I could not see a fixture definition for these in the latest fixture library I downloaded yesterday (version 10?). So I created a very simple definition myself.

Each panel has a Red, Green and Blue level - There are other controls for the Chroma Zone power supply unit but I'm not directly concerned with those at this point. Using UFTE I defined a Fixture with three Colour Params and assigned these to wheels in the 3-wheel and 4-wheel configurations.

For the 3-wheel configuration I did

Thumb = red, First = green, Second = blue

but for the 4-wheel config I did

Thumb = <empty>, First = red, Second = green, Third = blue

When I created a fixture on the Illusion using this type I was suprised to find that the wheel assignments were

Thumb = blue, First = red, Second = green

Could it be that the 4-wheel arrangement is being used and overflowing the third finger to the first available wheel?

Lee Stoddart

You shouldn't need to create a 4 wheel group configuration unless you intend using the fixture type on a Sirius 250/500 :shock:

The 3 wheel group should work correctly on both the Frog series of desks and the Illusion 500 with moving light software.

If you can send me the fixture file you created I will try it on an Illusion 500 here.

Normally, I don't bother with the wheel groups, as the software automatically assigns the parameters as it finds them in the fixture personality file,

It assigns parameters to wheels based on the order tha the parameters appear in the list, which may or may not be the same as the DMX channel order.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace