Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Submasters "lost" during power off

LeeStoddart

In situations I can not tie down I sometimes find that when the board is powered up the submasters for the displayed page appear to have nothing recorded in them.

Basically I have only recorded submasters in Page 1 - they work fine. I power off the board with Page 1 displayed. When I power the board on next day Page 1 is again displayed as the current page but raising the submaster faders does nothing. Simply pressing <Page Down> then <Page Up> recovers the situation and the faders then produce the expected actions.

This does not happen EVERY time the board is switched off but has happened regularly enough for it now to become a habit to <Page Down> then <Page Up> following the power up routine.

Lee Stoddart

Do you happen to know whether Recovery Mode was on or off when these problems occurred ?

Sorry - I don't know for certain, I think Recovery Mode was ON.

But I do know for certain that it was not changed between the days when the submasters were "lost" and those where they were functional.

I will check the state of the desk next time I'm in the theatre.

Lee Stoddart

• 4 weeks later...