Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Make SAVE AS numbering consistent

LeeStoddart

When I do save as the suggested number of the object to be created is not consistent.

If saving a Memory it is 1 greater than the highest memory in the show.

For all other objects (Submaster, Group, Palette) the number displayed is 1.

I THINK I like the way the memory is done - only down side to it is that I sometimes want to save a copy of a memory that I'm going to modify (so that I can return to it's previous version if necessary) and I tend to do that in the 990 to 999 range of Q numbers.

Having the next free Group or Palette number presented would be useful.

Lee Stoddart

Hi,

You must be psychic :)

I was just going through my notes of items for review on the Illusion 500 and came across the same comment:

"In the Save As.. Window the memory number defaults to the next unprogrammed memory number - would be very useful if it also did this for submasters, groups and palettes"

I agree that this change would make programming much quicker :)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

You must be psychic :)

I doubt that 8) but you might realise that I'm now into some of the nice to have's on the board having gotten through the learning curve and over the major challenges of earlier this week. Thanks to your great support, maybe I'm now more attuned to the way this desk works so maybe we are on the same wavelength.

Lee Stoddart