Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Wheel and Scrolling List are illogical

LeeStoddart

Not sure if this should be a bug report or a feature suggestion...

In moving light parameters I find it annoying that the scrolling list of values and the related wheel work in opposite directions.

For example on a Beamshape parameter where the list of gobos is presented in the scrolling window to select the next gobo DOWN the list I have to move the wheel UP

The wheel is moving in the logical direction - ie UP increases the DMX value

Lee Stoddart

I knew someone would raise this issue :P

As you suggest the control wheel operates in the way most people would expect, ie you roll the wheel upwards to increase the value. This is how the control wheels work on the Sirius 250/500, Frog series and Illusion 120/240/500 desks.

However, the parameter detail list is also displayed in what most people would regard as the correct order for that type of gadget, ie as you go down the list the corresponding DMX value increases.

I think we may have to wait a while and see what other feedback we get on this before reversing either the wheel or the parameter list, as we could easily annoy as many users as we please :shock:

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

I think we may have to wait a while and see what other feedback we get on this before reversing either the wheel or the parameter list, as we could easily annoy as many users as we please.

Yes individually the wheel and the list are each logical but together they are not. My vote would be to keep the wheel the way it is but change the list.

Sounds like it would need to be a setup option :)

Lee Stoddart