Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Moving Lights and Illusion 500

LeeStoddart

I'm getting in a show Sunday and just been informed that the venue's Sirius 500 has given up the ghost and they have brought in a new Illusion 500.

I'm using conventionals, 4*Mac 500s, and 6*scrollers in the show.

I had a sneak peak at the board last night and I see that it does have Colour, Beamshape, Position, Pallette. I've downloaded the operating manual version 1C but I can't find an update relating to the software release with ML support. I can't find anything in the manual about moving lights or Colour, Beamshape, Position, Pallette.

Help!

Is there on-line resources I can turn to? Is the functionality the same (or similar) to the Frog where I have at least read the manual for the Fat Frog.

Thanks in advance.

Lee Stoddart

The updated manual for the Illusion 500 which contains all the information about the new moving light control is nearly ready and will be made available for downloading as soon as it has been approved for issue.

For the conventionals, use the 'dimmer channels' which are equivalent to the generic/preset faders on a frog.

For the scrollers you will need to assign some fixutres as scrollers in the assign fixtures screen in Desk Setup.

For the MACs you will need to assign fixtures as the appropriate MAC fixture and mode. If the fixture type is not already on the desk, you will need to download the fixture library which is available on this website.

As far as the moving light functionality goes, the Illusion 500 works in a very similar way to the frog series of desks, except that it has a more graphical interface allowing mouse and keyboard operation as well as operation from the front panel.

The Illusion 500 uses the same fixture library data as the frogs; so fixtures contain parameters which are classified into brightness (intensity), colour, beamshape and position.

The Illusion 500 has colour, beamshape and position palettes and has the same movement effects engine as the frogs.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace