Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Saving Memory Information

NPhillips

I think this is as a result of the way the memory data is stored in dynamic RAM, and then backed up to non-volatile RAM and ultimately onto flash disk.

While experienced users would certainly benefit from not having to confirm all data changes when editing memory data (fade times etc), less confident users would probably like the 'safety net' of being able to cancel changes which may have been made in error.

Assuming, that it was possible to automatically save all changes as they were entered (Simon ??), maybe we should consider having an option in Desk Setup to allow the user to choose the method he prefers :?:

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

OK, I can see that, but cannot [undo edit] be that safety net? I think the process needs to be sped up to keep highend users happy for sure.

Possibly, if we extend the functionality of the UNDO EDIT function. Currently it only works in two specific cases.

1 To undo channel edits in the Channel Data Window

2 To undo an accidental save of channel data from the CDW to a memory or submaster.

... it only did the first case originally, and the second one caused no end of headaches :roll:

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace