Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Cueline Time

NPhillips

I think it would be quite nice to have each box (memory) in the cueline display always display the up/down, and wait times. That way one could easily use the cueline display to view and modify timing. As it stands, one cannot glance at cueline and see timing information as one can in the memories display (where many memory's information can be viewed simultaneously).

I take your point, but the main concept behind the Cueline screen on the Illusion desks is that it is an alternative GRAPHICAL representation of the memory stack.

The various delay, fade, and dwell times are represented by the length of the lines on the tracks rather than numerical values displayed in a table.

Adding additional times would reduce the available space for the actual cueline tracks, which is already quite tight if you are using multi-part scenes and a full height Channel Data Display

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Ok, so an arrow up followed by and number, and an arrow down followed by a number would not fit on the memory bar when zoomed in?

The problem with running in Cueline is that the designer cannot glance up at memory and get the timing. The timing must be graphically calculated, taking more time than the memories screen. Anyway, I guess my point is that cueline is not likely to be used as much as it should as it does not provide the designer with quick timing information.