Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Memories Stay/Show All

NPhillips

So why is it that all memories are shown whether they are recorded to exist or not? I am questioning whether or not this is necessary, or if it is (which in some situations I quite like it), if there is a way to get rid of it when cueing a show with gaps? Often times I will skip many cue numbers, leaving space for later. The problem is that there is then no easy way to be modifying memories and looking at multiple memories listed in the memories window. This is especially the case when one writes a point cue and then all of the point cues there after are displayed in perpetuity. It takes much of the screen real estate with something I do not necessarily need to see.

So why is it that all memories are shown whether they are recorded to exist or not?

Because some people like to be able to select an unprogrammed memory and edit it (live or blind); others prefer to open the CDW, set up the channel data and then save the data to a specified memory.

The All Memories mode allows the user to see both the programmed and unprogrammed memories.

I am questioning whether or not this is necessary, or if it is (which in some situations I quite like it), if there is a way to get rid of it when cueing a show with gaps?

If you only want to see the programmed memories in the memory stack - simply press F7 or click on the soft button in the top right hand corner of the CDW, and hey presto all the unprogrammed memories disappear 8)

The intention is that you show all memories when you are programming the show and then switch to show programmed memories only when running through the memory stack.

This mode also has the advantage that the current/next memories remain on view in the middle(ish) of the monitor screen as you progress through the memory stack using the Go button.

Often times I will skip many cue numbers, leaving space for later. The problem is that there is then no easy way to be modifying memories and looking at multiple memories listed in the memories window. This is especially the case when one writes a point cue and then all of the point cues there after are displayed in perpetuity.

It takes much of the screen real estate with something I do not necessarily need to see.

Point Cues (or Insert memories as I think we prefer to call them) are under review at the moment as there have been similar comments about the unwanted ones which are permanently displayed and cannot be deleted.

We intend to make the memory inserts function similar to the Frog method, eg if you insert a memory between 2 and 3, say 2.5 you only get (and see) 2.5 and not 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 ..... 2.9 as you do on the Illusion at present.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

I am questioning whether or not this is necessary, or if it is (which in some situations I quite like it), if there is a way to get rid of it when cueing a show with gaps?

If you only want to see the programmed memories in the memory stack - simply press F7 or click on the soft button in the top right hand corner of the CDW, and hey presto all the unprogrammed memories disappear 8)

Yes, this I know, the problem is it switches back to shall all once one edits a memory. I believe it should remain in stay or follow indefinitely as defined by the user.

The intention is that you show all memories when you are programming the show and then switch to show programmed memories only when running through the memory stack.

This mode also has the advantage that the current/next memories remain on view in the middle(ish) of the monitor screen as you progress through the memory stack using the Go button.

I am finding that switching between the two modes following an automatic switch caused by a save from edit live is not acting as such. The display, when [F7] to follow, jumps ahead beyond the current and next memories in the stack (with the end of the stack being the exception).

Point Cues (or Insert memories as I think we prefer to call them) are under review at the moment as there have been similar comments about the unwanted ones which are permanently displayed and cannot be deleted.

We intend to make the memory inserts function similar to the Frog method, eg if you insert a memory between 2 and 3, say 2.5 you only get (and see) 2.5 and not 2.1, 2.2, 2.3 ..... 2.9 as you do on the Illusion at present.

Beauty, that is how I would expect it to be... we sure think a like... sometimes :lol: