Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Up/Down Fade Times

NPhillips

The up/down fade times should be swapped so that the up time is entered and displayed before the down time. Currently the format of down/up is backwards to what US designers have become accustomed to on just about every console used. Also, without the facility to enter a fade time on the key pad, having to alter, then re-alter the fade time can cause the next cue to be missed in a tech and a very frustrated LD! :D

Interesting ... the Illusion desks have been out in the market for 4/5 years now and you are the first one to mention this :)

I haven't seen that many other lighting desks myself, but I take your word that the others you have used have the fade up time before the fade down time.

I wonder therefore, is it because you have a wider experience of different desks, often use different up/down times in your memories or are simply the first person to actually voice an opinion on this topic ?

Maybe some other users generally use the default fade times, have the same fade up/down times or simply haven't noticed, or care which way round they are displayed on the monitor screen :evil:

I don't have any problem suggesting that we swap the fade up/down times around - I assume that the delay up/down times should also be swapped for consistency :)

Having checked other screens on the Illusion (eg Submasters) and various screens on the Frog series of desks, the Memories screen does seem inconsistent and I cannot think why it was never noticed before :?

Onto your second point, you can enter a fade time using the front panel numeric keypad, an external keypad or by using the control wheel. :wink:

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

I don't have any problem suggesting that we swap the fade up/down times around - I assume that the delay up/down times should also be swapped for consistency :)

Yes, this would be a correct assumption! :D

Having checked other screens on the Illusion (eg Submasters) and various screens on the Frog series of desks, the Memories screen does seem inconsistent and I cannot think why it was never noticed before :?

US designers... :twisted:

Onto your second point, you can enter a fade time using the front panel numeric keypad, an external keypad or by using the control wheel. :wink:

Yes, no problem with that. I am referring to a time key allowing the timing to be modified in the syntax which would read:

[save][memory][1][2][time][7/6][delay 5][information][the party begins][enter]

• 2 weeks later...

[save][memory][1][2][time][7/6][delay 5][information][the party begins][enter]

That would be great. Also the thing with swaping the up/down time.... i am also used to first up then down...

Is it possible to use shortcuts like ctrl c for e.g. channelinformation, ctrl t for time and so on…. So I can get faster access to the things I am looking for and we have more Keys on the illusion 120/240 and also 500… so there are many new possibilities

Zero88 can design a keyboard with more options than only letters and time. See the link to the finalcut keyboard for MAC

http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObjects/swissdestore.woa/944/wo/POObr0ICLIeJ8OMYu4/1.3.0.5.8.3.8.13.0

Greatings Carl Ehrhardt

Carl Ehrhardt

Technical Director

Kellerbühne St.Gallen

CH-9000 St.Gallen

Switzerland

www.kellerbuehne.ch

• 11 months later...