Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Editing Memories/Moving Data

NPhillips

So there is a real problem with edit live in regards to having to make a decision. It can be fixed though (ESPECIALLY with working tracking!). The problem: say the designer is working through a cue (I am in Edit Live), modifying levels, and then decides she would like to have these changes made in the previous memory. Ah! Start over as the console does not "capture channels" nor does it allow one to update changes in a different memory (cue only or to track). See the problem/fix here? This is another way levels are easily lost on this console... when editing 100+ channels, it can be frustrating and, perhaps, worse!

I do this quite a lot, where I will be working in a cue and change the level of something, like that change, and want to effect it earlier (say at the top of a scene). Its easy as pie on the Obsession (update whatever memory cue only or to track (depending on the mode).

This ties in with the post about being able to move channel data arround in multi-part memories. Same idea...

• 6 months later...