Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Editing Multi-part Memories

NPhillips

I need a way to easily switch from part to part in edit. Currently one can only work on one part, close that part, select the next part, edit that part, and so on. There needs to be the facility to quickly switch through all of the parts. Perhaps a "next part/last part" couple of buttons (as with chases) could do this...

Additionally, it is a real problem not to be able to move data from one part to another. This is true of "scene" memories as well when editing (see next post!).

Yes, one of our R&D guys also commented on this and after revisiting the Illusion after several years on Frogs, I agree :)

Illusion Reference No 4703 - Multi-Part Scenes - Should be able to edit and move between different parts without having to close the CDW - to be reviewed.

With regards your second point, I can see how being able to move channel data between parts would be useful. 8)

Do you have any thoughts or ideas on how you would like to do this using the existing front panel controls :?

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Yes, one of our R&D guys also commented on this and after revisiting the Illusion after several years on Frogs, I agree :)

ROCK ON!

With regards your second point, I can see how being able to move channel data between parts would be useful. 8)

Do you have any thoughts or ideas on how you would like to do this using the existing front panel controls :?

Existing front panel controls being the key phrase here :lol:

The user can go to a part and say:

[channel][1][enter] and now channel one is in the part the user is currently in. The problem comes with offering the ability to have channels move in differing parts...