Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Channel @ locks up command line

NPhillips

When setting channel levels it is nice that one can continue to hit @ to changes a level of a give channel. As I designer, I often am saying "@25, @45, @ 50, etc., etc."... and this makes it easy for a programmer to do just that. Although, you cannot get out of this sequence, say to save a memory, without completing the idea with [enter]. Therefore, one must reenter the desired level [@][5][0][enter] to then be able to save the changes. I believe that hitting [save] or [save as], etc., should automatically clear out the @. Additionally, keying [clear] should clear the command line; it does not currently do that.

If you have to complete the command with Enter, it sounds like you are in the default entry mode of double digit percentage.

The Illusion desks currently have FIVE different modes for entering channel values in the CDW.

See Illusion 120/240 Operating Manual - Page 11-7 for details.

See Illusion 500 Operating Manual - Page 11-7 for details.

If you change the Enter Channel Value As option in Desk Setup to Double Digit Direct Action, then you will be able to enter @25, @45 etc without having to press the Enter key :)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace