Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

fixed state + chase

spencer

when using a chase it is usually only a part of a state with some fixed lighting, because of the single playback I have been adding the fixed lighting to every step of the chase which works but is a pig when editing the fixed part as it needs to be done to every step in the chase. The option to make chases additive so a chase doesn't have to remove the last cue or a way of changing every step in a chase would save a lot of time.

yes it would but it requires a manual operation to fade up the submaster. Not a great hardship except we do try to make everything go button driven if possible. I guess I might be able to use a macro or something to operate the submaster from the main playback, I will have a play once this show is over and see if I can find a good way of doing it. I am still adjusting to the way of working, used to more than one playback, the multi-part memories work for most situations except when a chase is in use, its then that I miss the second playback.

• 2 months later...
when using a chase it is usually only a part of a state with some fixed lighting, because of the single playback I have been adding the fixed lighting to every step of the chase which works but is a pig when editing the fixed part as it needs to be done to every step in the chase. The option to make chases additive so a chase doesn't have to remove the last cue or a way of changing every step in a chase would save a lot of time.

As part of the current development of the Illusion 500, we are looking at 'partial' programming of memories and also improving tracking mode.

Hopefully these improvements will mean that you can program scenes and chases as you have suggested 8)

yes it would but it requires a manual operation to fade up the submaster. Not a great hardship except we do try to make everything go button driven if possible. I guess I might be able to use a macro or something to operate the submaster from the main playback,

If you set the submaster buttons to 'Go' mode, you can program a macro to push the button (or buttons) you need to run the chases. Link this macro to the cue.

OK.. not all that elegant, but it will do what you need.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 2 weeks later...