Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

More generic channels

mul

The specification for the Frog desk is 48 generic (dimmer) channels. Each generic channel may be patched to several DMX addresses (duplicates) but the maximum number of control channels on the Frog is 48.

Submasters can only be loaded directly with channel data or transferred memories.

If you wish to control moving lights easily and sensibly (ie using HTP for brightness and LTP for the colour, gobo, pan/tilt etc.) then you really need a Fat Frog or one of the larger desks in the Frog series.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

thanks for the reply, i am only planning on using the frog for moving lights once a year if that and dont have any problems with using bog standard dmx channels on faders to control them aas i have had to do this many times before, is it possible though to do this if nessesary. Equally (if i wanted extra dimmers could i use the frog to control them as well, im no bothered about a bit of extra time being spent while plotting) Cheers

thanks for the reply, i am only planning on using the frog for moving lights once a year if that and dont have any problems with using bog standard dmx channels on faders to control them aas i have had to do this many times before, is it possible though to do this if nessesary. Equally (if i wanted extra dimmers could i use the frog to control them as well, im no bothered about a bit of extra time being spent while plotting) Cheers

You can control moving lights with a Frog but you would to have one preset fader for each DMX channel of the fixture, and they would all be mixed HTP (cf the Fat Frog etc, where moving light control is programmed separately from the generic/dimmer channels and the colour, beam and position parameters are LTP).

As I mentioned earlier, the Frog has 48 control channels, so if you had for example an 8 channel moving light then this would use 8 of the preset faders leaving you with 40 channels for conventional dimming.

Compare this to the Fat Frog which has 48 generic (dimmer) control channels plus 12 moving lights (up to a max of 288 control channels).

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 3 years later...