Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Printing

spencer

• 8 months later...

Hi

I use Illusion 120 since one week in my theater.

Just looking to print the whole conductor of the show... effects, cues, and times...

unfortunately, my manual is silencious about this feature. :cry:

I didn't find any "print" button in the whole graphical interface.

and the hotline says (yesterday september 20 ) "the office are closed for the christmas period from dec.23 to jan.3rd" :!: :!:

:oops: sorry for my english... I have not many occasions to practice... Hoping you'll understand me :oops:

And thanks in advance for your answers...

Hi,

The Illusion 120 desk can generate a number of reports on channel usage, desk setup, memories, submasters etc.

You need to go into Setup - Reports and generate the report you wish; you can then either print the report via a printer connected to the parallel port on the back of the desk, or save the report onto floppy disk, so that it can viewed or printed via a PC.

See Operating Manual Page 3-6 for further details.

Regards, K-Nine.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

:)

many thanks i'll try on this afternoon.

Seems to me that the 3.6 part of the manual has not been translated in my manual. after having d/l the english one and read your answer, I feel much better! :roll:

just to be sure...

My desk version is NOT the 7.0

I downloaded yesterday the upgrade software but there's no manual... Do i simply put on the desk with the disk in (bootable?) or must i load anything via a menu?

Down load the latest Illusion software onto your PC

Unzip the file.

Copy the Illusion.osf file onto a clean formatted floppy disk.

Power off the Illusion desk, insert the floppy disk and switch on.

Follow the instructions on the monitor screen.

When the upgrade has completed, remove the floppy disk, and switch the desk off and back on.

Bran Media | Myspace

ok now...

my board is upgraded (aftier having being very afraid with a storm - and electricity breakdown - during first install)

everything works... and reports are very nice...

will be back soon to report how this desk works for me ;)

(suggestion for this forum : would it be possible to create a section where we - illusion users - could post pics of our realisations )

• 1 year later...

Unfortunately, you can't :(

The report functionality was removed for various reasons during the development of the Illusion 500 moving light software.

At some point in the future we may look at providing a PC based utility which will enable you to load an Illusion 500 show file and then generate a number of different reports based on the data in the show.

Bran Media | Myspace

• 9 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 years later...
And now, is there a mean to print a show from an illusion 500?

Thank you

... also important for me. we use the illusion at a theater and we make photos of our memorys ...

have u ever ported a show with 112 Qs, Chases an 8 MLs to a Strand Console ? Or to an AVAB ?

... lots of pictures an 2 pencils ... dont forget the jokes on you ...

oh May 2005 ...

Quote:

"At some point in the future we may look at providing a PC based utility which will enable you to load an Illusion 500 show file and then generate a number of different reports based on the data in the show."

Whats about that ?