Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Programming offset / rotation

ice

It seems to me that programming of these attributes doens't work :S I made a scene with a few movingheads, all with different offsets. But as soon as I pressed the "program" button all heads started moving together again :S

Is there a special step or something to program these things, or did you guys forget something? I really couldn't find out what I was doing wrong!

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

When we improved the movements effects engine in version 7 software by adding the offset and rotation parameters, the function was extensively tested in out demo room with 6 moving head fixtures (MAC 250s , I think). All the parameters worked fine.

Because of the way the movement effects are synchronised when programming them initially, it is sometimes necessary to output the memory or submaster after it has been programmed to check that the fixtures are running at the correct offsets or rotations.

I will send you a copy of my test notes which hopefully will explain this in more detail.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

I've read the notes as you may have seen, and found my problem. Wouldn't it be convenient to make an option so that one can view the final effect BEFORE programming it? I mean; if you don't like the effect you've got to edit the thing again, alter the parameters without being able to see what you're doing, and then try it all over again; right?

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)