Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

ZERO88 ACCESSORIES

While glancing upon the newly updated 88 website, i noticed something that falls just short of a monstrosity.

Under the new accessories menu, i descoverd that you are trying to sell a 5m DMX cable for £46!!!!! Even worse, you are also offering a DMX terminator for a monstorus £25! Surley you are not passing off a 5pin XLR plug with a resistor as a specially made DMX terminator costing £25?

I find this amazing, i await your explanation!

Dom Gross

There's a whole lot of free stuff that we give away, like training, technical support, software updates, the legendary PLASA party... All this has to be paid for from what we charge for the products.

I wouldn't be worrying too much about that DMX Termination plug. I don't think we've ever actually sold one! You're right, most of our customers choose to make up their own.

Accessories of this kind are intended primarily for overseas orders to places where it might not be quite so easy to lay your hands on a resistor, a 5 pin XLR and a soldering iron.

ahh... this does make a bit of sense: rich oversees customers.

Now i have your attention, a number of months ago you guys said something about some remote controls for the frog that were 'lying in the warehouse' are these in excistance, if so, how can i get my hands on one?

cheers

Dom Gross

• 2 years later...
  • 2 weeks later...