Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

A few small features i miss

Morten

Hi

I am using a fatfrog in a mobile disco and i have some ideas that could improve the desk for this kind of use(and hopefully other kinds too).

When pressing an attribute button(beamshape for example) it would be nice if the channel flash button that activates the active palette, if any, were flashing. i know it is already shown in the LCD display, but it would be faster just to press the beamshape button and see which flash button were flashing. This is of course only relevant when the fixtures lights are off, but it would still be nice...

Another (quite small) thing that i would like is to disable the flash off function. Perhaps in the Desk Setup menu it would be possible to make an flash off enable/disable menu. So that the flash fn button only goes between "flash" and "solo" and not "off" , "flash" and "solo". This would be useful for me when using generic channels on the submaster flash buttons and fixture lights on the X-fader. Then i can turn the fixture lights and anything else, not programmed on the submaster, on and off with the flash fn button, without the submaster turns off when the flash fn button hit "off".

And the last of my (perhaps odd) wishes...

When starting (with the go button) a chase, with speed set to auto, it is a bit irritating that there goes about the time of 2 steps between the push on the go button(which turns in the first step immediately) and the moment when the chase actually runs...

:!: By the way, how about a way to stop a chase, between two steps... :?:

That's all from me.

Morten Mortensen.

Hi

I am using a fatfrog in a mobile disco and i have some ideas that could improve the desk for this kind of use(and hopefully other kinds too).

When pressing an attribute button(beamshape for example) it would be nice if the channel flash button that activates the active palette, if any, were flashing. i know it is already shown in the LCD display, but it would be faster just to press the beamshape button and see which flash button were flashing. This is of course only relevant when the fixtures lights are off, but it would still be nice...

What do you mean by 'active palette' ? At any time there could be several outputs resulting from palette references, eg playback X, submasters, SX buttons (Mambo) and also from outputting a palette directly. The wheel LCD will only show a palette reference if you manually output a palette, by selecting fixtures, pressing and holding an attribute button and pressing a palette selection button.

Another (quite small) thing that i would like is to disable the flash off function. Perhaps in the Desk Setup menu it would be possible to make an flash off enable/disable menu. So that the flash fn button only goes between "flash" and "solo" and not "off" , "flash" and "solo". This would be useful for me when using generic channels on the submaster flash buttons and fixture lights on the X-fader. Then i can turn the fixture lights and anything else, not programmed on the submaster, on and off with the flash fn button, without the submaster turns off when the flash fn button hit "off".

I cannot see what you are trying to achieve here or how only having the two options of 'flash' and 'solo' would give you any additional functionality :?

And the last of my (perhaps odd)wishes...

When starting (with the go button) a chase, with speed set to auto, it is a bit irritating that there goes about the time of 2 steps between the push on the go button (which turns in the first step immediately) and the moment when the chase actually runs...

This may be a result of the fade times set for the memory (fade up, fade down and LTP fade) Are you referring to a brightness chanse or an LTP chase ?

:!: By the way, how about a way to stop a chase, between two steps... :?:

That's all from me.

Morten Mortensen.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Can you FROG brightness?

The FROG function only works with LTP parameters (Colour, Beamshape and Position).

I think when we were originally developing the function we did have brightness as well but it didn't seem to work so well with HTP channels, due to the different mechanisms employed in mixing the outputs.

Bran Media | Myspace

So i'll re-post the request....what about a random chase function?

Assuming you have programmed your chase as normal with different brightness levels - which properties of the chase could be randomised :?:

The order of outputting steps ?

The Direction of chase ?

The Attack between chase steps ?

The Drive ?

The Chase Speed ?

Bran Media | Myspace

The 'normal' random feature found in chase programming is the order of steps

:idea: So theoretically, it could be an extra option to the Direction modifier (Forwards, Backwards, Bounce and Random) :?:

Frog Reference No 5443 - Random Chase Function (addtional direction modifier) - to be reviewed.

Bran Media | Myspace

• 2 weeks later...

Hi again

By "active palette" i mean the manually selected palette. Not whatever comes from submasters or playback X and so on.

For example if the wheel LCD is showing "4", i would like flash button number 4 to flash, when the attribute button is being pressed.

The thing with the flash fn button is that when this is pressed to change from "solo" to "flash", it has to go to "off" first. And when it is off, there is not coming any output from, for example, a submaster flash button, being pressed. Result: Blackout. Off course only for a very short moment, but i would like to get rid of this.

My problem with the chases ocours with fade and LTP times set to 0. And it is LTP chases i am refering to.

Bye Bye

Morten