Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Using the monitor - A necessity ?

K-Nine

Is it acceptable for advanced features of the software to *require* the use of an external monitor ?  

31 members have voted

1. 1.

• Yes
    • No

I don't know what advanced features you may have in mind, but the monitor is quite possibly one of the best features for me - especially with naming the scenes, navigating with my keyboard and then pressing the Go button - it's much easier than writing down what all of your cues are, especially for live/impromptu shows!

I say keep the monitor, and the more features for it the better, but as Pipo said - it may come to a time when you've got so many features some will just have to be unique to the monitor for space reasons!

Regards,

Rich.

• 2 months later...

What about those slick 7 - 14" flat screens?

They're flat (hmm), relatively small, not very heavy and almost not at all fitting in the flight case.

And extremely expensive.

But I think we're talking of a GUI by now.

(How are the next series of Zero desks to be called?)

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hello,

since we bought the desk I used a aditional monitor for each gig its a question of membering the memories and all the sub´s. :roll: However my brain loves the monitor especialy at two o clock in the morning. :)

Greetz

Sebastian

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

"i wish the frog output was as good as the sirus" yes the sirus500 crashed, but for most of the time it was the most user freindly desk interface i've used. I'm sure anyone who used a sirus500/250 would agree!!?!!

The layout of the bullfrog is still very much like the sirus500, please make the software look the same!!

Bring on the advanced features - most other desk manufactures uses a monitor - dont fall behind the times zero88!!!!

Kev

I need a new job

any1 having probs with desk default's? for some reason my mem number1 does not default to what i set i.e. snap

Which desk default are you referring to - Colour, Beamshape or Position Action - each can be independently set to snap or fade.

if the default is set to fade, then the memory will use the LTP Fade Time when it is triggered.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 5 weeks later...