Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Screen saver

GLX

• 3 weeks later...
How about been able to load a screen saver on to the desk to be displayed when the desk is idle for a while, ya know a company logo? :?:

Nice idea 8) especially if the user could 'load' his own screen saver / wallpaper :wink:

Would this be an animated screen saver (program) or simply a static picture (bitmap, jpeg, gif) :?:

When you say the desk is 'idle', do you mean that it is not processing any front panel, keyboard or remote controls :?:

The software in the desk itself is never truly 'idle' as it is continually calculating HTP and LTP nodes, generating DMX outputs, processing fades, handling real time and automatic triggers etc etc .

Would the user be able to set the time at which the desk went into 'screen saver mode' :?:

There is also the question of what would trigger coming out of the screen saver :?:

My software colleague also tells me that another issue for the frog desks is that they are not running in a true graphics mode (cf the Illusion 120/240/500 and Sirus250/500); they are running in a Text mode.... but not being a software guru myself I don't know how significant this is :?

Frog Reference No 5444 - Screen Saver/Wallpaper for monitor - to be reviewed.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

My software colleague also tells me that another issue for the frog desks is that they are not running in a true graphics mode (cf the Illusion 120/240/500 and Sirus250/500); they are running in a Text mode.... but not being a software guru myself I don't know how significant this is :?

It shouldn't be too much of an issue, as an image-based script can be written into the operating system fairly easily.

How much free memory is there on the desk though - as i'm sure you know, images take up a lot more memory than text.

As for triggering the screen saver, could there also be a manual trigger (eg F1 and F4 or F1 and Lock?) - useful if Act1 finishes and you want to put the desk into "interval" mode....

And maybe a password (numeric, entered from the flashbuttons) to leave screensaver mode? But only if triggered manually, as you could easily miss a desk cue due to trying to unlock the desk.

And user adjustable time delay before the screen saver initiates?

Peter Kirkup