Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Training video or course on internet?

Lightson

Hi,

Just thought I'd check and see if there is any action on a training video for the Fat Frog. Unfortunately I can't make my way to the UK or California. It wouldn't have to be a proper production, just set up a video cam at the side of the room when you're conducting a training session. Just a thought. B Hulme

• 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 years later...

hi Im also new her for me having a trainning thru internet will be better

for some user like us that need some info about how to work really good the frog unit that we are using right now. just tell us when will be start and i will be online just to learn.

thank you!

zhack :wink:

• 2 weeks later...
seems that some of these lighting consoles are used by audio visual companies....(myself included) that also have video editing suites.

could some kind of arangement be made to produce the training class on dvd??? any thoughts on this subject? :lol:

Good Morning Sir.Matt :lol:

For me It's better if you can just do some DVD disk Training Guide of how your unit will run. coz Actually one of our problem is your manual speacially for frog unit. the manual that you made is for all series of frog.

is thier any option of doing a manual just for one unit only coz it's easy for the reader to notify step by step.

thank you!!

zhack :wink:

Hi Zhack

I hope that we can arrange training in Dubai in late October or Novemeber for all you users in that area. Part of that would be to give out notes for you to use.

Graham

Hello sir .

thank you for your response. can i ask you a question again coz we have some problem now with the model FROG we cannot find a fixture profile in your site that we can download and loaded to the unit. can you just give some idea when can we find it!!

and regard to what you are saying i have to talk to my boss first about your arragenement about the training just give 1 week coz he went to

london for some important conference meeting.

thank you!

zhack

http://support.zero88.com/main/en/product/9 will take you to the download page. If you click on the link for Zero 88 Fixture Library Release you will get the latest library of fixtures.

Graham

Sir, Graham

Good Morning!

:D

i Already Download the fixture Library in our FROG unit but still saying no show to download. how can i be used this thing with your fixture profile library. If this thing always saying no show to be download. or how can i download the model of the brand if this unit always aying like that Pls. Help me to do this. thank you!! i really cant understand you manual!!

:lol:

jez :wink:

Hi Zhack

If you download the Fixture Library and Unzip the file onto a Floppy Disk, the next step is to boot the desk and go into Super User. To do this, hold down +, - and ENTER. Then navigate to Desk Setup, Assign Fixtures. Select the fixture you wish to assign, and press the down arrow, followed by the minus button. The screen will now say 'Select Fixture From Floppy Disk'. Press Enter, and the library will be loaded from the floppy disk. Use the + and - keys to select your manufacturer and then the down arrow to move to the fixture field. Navigate again using + and - and then press Enter to assign that fixture.

I hope this helps.

Peter

Peter Kirkup

Hi Zhack

If you download the Fixture Library and Unzip the file onto a Floppy Disk, the next step is to boot the desk and go into Super User. To do this, hold down +, - and ENTER. Then navigate to Desk Setup, Assign Fixtures. Select the fixture you wish to assign, and press the down arrow, followed by the minus button. The screen will now say 'Select Fixture From Floppy Disk'. Press Enter, and the library will be loaded from the floppy disk. Use the + and - keys to select your manufacturer and then the down arrow to move to the fixture field. Navigate again using + and - and then press Enter to assign that fixture.

I hope this helps.

Peter

Hello Sir, Peter

We already try what you are saying but the thing is our Unit is Only FROG model which does'n have a assign fixture only Desk Default,Patch Function, and Remote Switch,Frog Screen,Timecode Set-up & Exit Desk Set-up. so haw can we do this coz every time we try to put the fluppy desk or reset it does'n work.

hope you can give me some idea. coz we really want to work it out!!

waiting for your fast responsed thank you!!

jez

Hi Zhack

Your console does not support moving lights. Moving lights are only available with the Fat Frog, Leap Frog, Bull Frog and Mambo Frog consoles. The Frog which you have is a 48 channel generics only desk.

This would explain your difficulties in assigning moving lights, apologies for the confusion.

Peter

Peter Kirkup

Hi Zhack

Your console does not support moving lights. Moving lights are only available with the Fat Frog, Leap Frog, Bull Frog and Mambo Frog consoles. The Frog which you have is a 48 channel generics only desk.

This would explain your difficulties in assigning moving lights, apologies for the confusion.

Peter

Hello Sir. Peter

Thank you for your Explaination atleast now i know that this Unit dont really work for the moving head. so we have to look for the other model of zero 88 that can control the moving head. thank you very much again.. :D

zhack :lol:

• 1 year later...

Hey,

I am a newbie to the whole lighting process. Have taken on a job that involves programming lighting fixtures and am learning as I go! The desk has been programmed and the fixtures have been programmed, but there is alot of programs missing, especially the parameters for the moving heads. We have four i-move 250's (I think) I have seen what the martin macs can do and was wondering if the i-move's were just as capable? And if so how do I go about programming these fixtures and getting the different effects? (I have a fat frog desk)

Any help would be fantastic!

Also how much are the training days?

Hi Sydney

It sounds like a training course would be the best way to show you how to use the desk - we can either do this on-site at your premises, which is chargeable, or if you come to us, the course is free. There are some new training dates coming up - see http://www.zero88.com/en/news/288

If you'd like to book something, please do let me know.

Peter

Peter Kirkup

• 4 years later...

Hi, also new here.

I have no experience with any Zero 88 products, and actually still waiting for the ML24 to arrive.

Being cheap and cheerful, I was wondering what are the chances of uploading training vids on youtube, for free?

Im in Uganda, East Africa, and will most definitely not be able to make it to any of the training courses.

Currently using Jands Vista Softw and desks in 3 of our other venues, and found it very nice that they have free training videos on youtube, to help out my colleagues, none of them had any experience on any lighting consoles, and are now quite comfortable with finding their way around

• 2 weeks later...