Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

inserting memories

Pipo

We had a large show this weekend, so i started programming :)

When i've programmed memory 8.5 i wanted to insert memory 8.6 but no, it was not possible. I just couldn't insert another memory! There was no warning that the desk-memory was full or something like that.

So i had to stop programming! Switched the desk off a few times but nothing would help!

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

If you have programmed memory 8.5 then you should be able to insert memories 8.6, 8.7, 8.8 and 8.9.

You will need to select memory 8.5 and then press the INSERT button. Memory 8.6 should then appear as the default in the Insert Memory screen on the LCD. Press the ENTER key. You should then have memory 8.6 as an unprogrammed memory on the memory screen.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Hmmm :?

I have just tried programming and inserting memories on one of our desks here and it seems to work fine, as I described above.

Which of the Frog desks were you using, and how many memories did you have programmed in the memory stack ?

When you are getting low on memory space there should be a warning displayed in the top left hand corner of the memories screen on the main LCD. Only when this warning says OUT should it not be possible to program another memory.

Is it possible to send me a copy of the show file ?

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 4 weeks later...

had this weekend the same problem twice!

But!!! I've found the problem!!!

This time i needed to insert memory 10.1.

When I did that I could not see it on the screen!

I changed the mem.type from scene into chase and memory 10.1 was suddenly vissible!

Can u tell me what is the cause of this?

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design