Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Keyboard GO

Guest Miles

• 2 weeks later...
Guest pollywog

As a whole keyboard is to big for me using it during running the show

(I like it while programming) I am thinking on buying a smal numberblock using for jumping to memories.

Please choose a Key which is available at the numberblock too.

:idea: Each Computer Game has a setup which allows to select keys who fits to the users best. Could this be done in a Frog Setup too?

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Hello,

a GO function on ext. keyboard will be pretty good but a "selectable" GO will be perfect i.e. type in memory number on numbers block and press the enter key to GO !

I think this is possible becouse NUM Enter has another ASCII Key than Alpha Enter.

Greets

Sebastian

Sebastian H.

Pro - Sound Showtechnik

The secret to creativity is knowing how to hide your sources.

Albert Einstein

"You can get a lot more done with a kind word and a gun"

Al Capone

• 8 months later...

I have been using the fat frog and have found that the keyboard does very little, is this because i need a software update? :? If not i would like to suggest that you should be able to make cues GO using the keyboard and when naming items u should b able to type with the keyboard instead of the up down left right keys, one more thing is a mate of mine thinks in the next update u should be able to name the submaster pages :roll:

The keyboard issue has already been discussed a few times before. See the following for starters:

http://support.zero88.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=17

http://support.zero88.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=755

The ability to name things with the external keyboard has been in since about release 3. Bear in mind though that backspace and delete don't currently do anything!

The latest software is release 9.6, it's well worth updating your desk if it's not running this.

The naming of submaster pages has already been suggested:

http://support.zero88.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=827

The following items relating to functionality of the external keyboard are logged in the Frog database for review:

Frog Reference 5369 - Trigger Remote Switches via external keyboard.

Frog Reference 5400 - The Backspace and Delete keys should work when text editing using the external keyboard.

Frog Reference 5419 - Modify the action of the cursor keys, and other keys where necessary, on the external keyboard to relate to the monitor screen rather than simply mimic the front panel cursor keys.

Frog Reference 5424 - Provide the facility to enter Super User from the external keyboard .

Frog Reference 5440 - Go button press from external keyboard.

Frog Reference 5488 - Naming of Submaster Pages.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 5 months later...
  • 4 years later...

Keyboard GO functionality was implemented in version 9.8 software, full details are in the release notes HERE. Alternatively if you're handy with a soldering iron, you could wire up a quiet button of your choice to one of the remote switches on the DIN8 connector on the back of the desk.