Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

minimising button pushes

richard

Would it be possible to change the way that cue attributes are edited to something similar to the following:

Scroll through as per now, however the current cue to edit is the current cue being output, moving the cursor to another cue the makes the newly selected cue the next cue and the cue to edit, so meaning that updating on the fly is easier. (This may not make sense but I think it can be made to work)

When you scroll through cue attributes, could it be set so that each of the times are treated as one field, if you want to edit the Up time, you scroll there, then press enter, then select the part of it you want to alter. Also, pressing enter after modifying an attribute should first save the changes, and then, if pressed again, return the cursor to the cue number. I spent ages going backwards and forwards!!

Richard

• 3 weeks later...
Would it be possible to change the way that cue attributes are edited to something similar to the following:

Scroll through as per now, however the current cue to edit is the current cue being output, moving the cursor to another cue the makes the newly selected cue the next cue and the cue to edit, so meaning that updating on the fly is easier. (This may not make sense but I think it can be made to work)

For consistency of operation and to avoid possible confusion it was decided that the Next Memory will always be the one that is selected for editing; if you wish to edit the current memory, simply move the cursor onto the current memory.

When you scroll through cue attributes, could it be set so that each of the times are treated as one field, if you want to edit the Up time, you scroll there, then press enter, then select the part of it you want to alter.

Because of the fundamental way that the LCD interface was originally designed around the four cursor keys, or up,down + and - as they are now labelled, the fade times are displayed as three separately editable fields (minutes, seconds and tenths). The up/down keys will move the cursor through the fields, and the +/- keys adjust the value in the selected field.

If you wish to enter fade times as a single value followed by enter, use the external keyboard facility which was modified in Version 7 software to allow numeric entry.

Also, pressing enter after modifying an attribute should first save the changes, and then, if pressed again, return the cursor to the cue number. I spent ages going backwards and forwards!!

Pressing Enter to save changes may well be a possibility, I will need to check if there are any consequences of this proposed functionality.

Press the Memories key to return the cursor to the memory number field.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace