Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

newbie has to control 2 martin pro 1220 with fatfrog

Guest cyborg

Hey...

I never worked with moving light before. Now I have to control two martin pro 1220 scans with a fatfrog desk. Can anybody tell me (very basic) how this works?

Thanks,

Chris

• 1 year later...

The basic steps are:

1. You need power to your desk and to your moving lights. Don't connect either to a dimmer output!

2. You need to connect a DMX cable from the desk to your moving lights. It doesn't matter what order you connect the lights in, whatever is most convenient for your cable runs. Use proper DMX cable (not microphone cable). Make sure there is a termination on the end of the DMX line (120R resistor between pins 2 & 3 on the XLR).

3. You need to set the addresses on your moving lights to be unique and non-overlapping with each other or with dimmer addresses. e.g. if you have 2x 16 channel fixtures, set them to addresses 100 and 116.

4. You need to assign fixtures on the desk. The current fixture library contains over 700 fixture types. The fixture assigned on the desk must match exactly the fixture you have. Be careful with fixtures which have multiple operating modes. See the manual for full details of this operation.

5. You need to patch the fixtures on the desk to the same addresses that you set on the fixtures themselves. See the manual for full details of this operation.

That's it! You're ready to start moving the lights around, changing the colours and programming some scenes.

Book in for a Frog Training Day to learn all this and more. It's free, and we buy you lunch!

4. You need to assign fixtures on the desk. The current fixture library contains over 700 fixture types. The fixture assigned on the desk must match exactly the fixture you have. Be careful with fixtures which have multiple operating modes. See the manual for full details of this operation.

I've just checked the fixture library and there are 12 fixture types which could be classed as pro 1220 scans:

Pro 1220 CMYR (Modes 1 - 4)

Pro 1220 RPR (Modes 1 - 4)

Pro 1220 XR (Modes 1 - 4)

Check which of the three models you actually have and in which mode they are working.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace