Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

double patch

gusrocks

say i have 2 studiocoulor fixtures being used as front lighting

could i patch say chanel24 to the corisponding dmx channel of those fixtures dim channels would like to be able to turn them on between songs with a ch fader so i dont have to program like that on all 9 sub pages. would this work as a highest takes precedence between the fader and what is programmed in mems or subs basically the same dmx ch controlled from 2 different sources

Hi GUSROCKS,

:idea: ! It´s a little bit tricky but might work the way you want it.

Try to edit a fixture as you said a studiocolor with the fixture edit tool, which you can download from the zero 88 homepage. You have to erase the dimmer channel of this fixturetype. Then save your edited fixture on a floppy and load into your frog. Now you should be able to patch the dimchannel of your fixture to a desk channel fader.

I haven´t tried this yet, so please let me know it is working or not.

cheers

Sven 8)

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna

My suggestion would be as follows:

Ensure that the desk is in partial programming mode (Desk Setup)

Set the brightness of the required fixture(s) to full; ensure all other generic channels and fixture brightnesses are at zero and all fixtures are untagged.

Program the channel data directly onto a submaster.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Just had another thought .... :idea:

The brightness (dimmer) parameters for fixtures are controlled by faders ... VIRTUAL faders.

Assuming that you are not playing around with fixture parameters during the running of your show .... why not select the fixture(s) you wish to control, select the Brightness button ... the first finger wheel then controls the Brightness parameters of the selected fixture(s) ... HTP mixed with the outputs from the memory stack (playback X) and submasters .. Voila 8)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace