Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Parameter Details

cassiopeius

Hi frogsupport team,

while programming a new fixture type, I saw the option to give every block of dmx values names, e.g.:

001-015 yellow,

016-030 green,....

Why did I hack in the blocks of dmx values together with their colour and gobo titles into the list, and then on the frog desk, nothing could be seen of this work :wink: ?

I think it would be quite useful to see the definite colour or gobo titles (certainly as far as they are programmed with the fixture editor) e.g. in the fixture display of the desk?

Greets

Chris

P.S.: I also want to support the suggestion of live editing chasers on subs or x-master, and of tapping in the right chase speed by a kind of beat button, as already mentioned.

The Fixture data we use on the Frog series of desks was 'inherited' from that used on the Sirius 250/500 desks. On these desks the parameter details (lists of colours, gobos etc.) were displayed on the monitor screen.

When we developed the Frog desks all of this data was 'translated' into a form which could be used by the Frogs.

The tool which I use to generate our fixture library is similar to the Fixture Type Editor but has a few additional functions which allows me to generate fixture data in the old Sirius 250/500 format, define wheel groups for four wheels etc.

We decided to leave the parameter details section in, even though it is not currently used by the Frogs.

As the person responsible for maintaining out fixture library I have spent many happy ( :!: ) hours typing in parameter details for the Sirius 250/500.

Lighting desks with moving light capability which we develop in the future will almost certainly use the same fixture data, and the parameter details may make a comeback :wink:

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 8 months later...

the company i work for has just bought a bull frog to replace our sirus500...

Here r a few simple features i think should be added onto this desk!!

1. Instead of having a dmx value for colour and beam shape, could we have a description? like on the sirus.. i've noticed that the fixture's setting have these values inserted in them. please can these values be shown in the lcd dispay or on the vga???

2. it would be fantastic, if it was possible to record a chase into a palette, so that you could busk easily. i.e. program a pattern

3. to be able to invert the pan/tilt of a fixture

I need a new job

the company i work for has just bought a bull frog to replace our sirus500...

Here are a few simple features i think should be added onto this desk!!

1. Instead of having a dmx value for colour and beam shape, could we have a description? like on the sirus.. i've noticed that the fixture's setting have these values inserted in them. please can these values be shown in the lcd dispay or on the vga???

The parameter details (red, gobo1 etc.) which are present for some, but by no means all, of the 650+ fixtures in our fixture library are there because the Frog Fixture Library was converted from the old Sirius 250/500 fixture library.

The parameter details were left in because we knew that they could be utilised on the Illusion 500 with moving light software (currently in development).

The Frog software does not read the parameter details from the fixture personality data. The wheel LCD display was also designed to show the DMX values of the fixture parameters.

2. it would be fantastic, if it was possible to record a chase into a palette, so that you could busk easily. i.e. program a pattern

There are some fundamental differences between chases and palettes on the frog desks:

A chase is a type of memory and as such not only has a number of steps, which can contain brightness, colour, beamshape and position data, it also has a number of modifiers which describe how it is output.

A palette is simply a single set of stored colour, beamshape or position values for a number of fixtures.

The simplest way to 'busk' easily would be to program your colour, beamshape, position chases as memories and then transfer them onto submasters.

3. to be able to invert the pan/tilt of a fixture

This is one of the functions we are planning to add in the next updates package. Frog Reference 5158.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Yes, Kirkup_xp i did mean record "shapes". I've been using a sirus 500 for the last four years and avolites desks, so different terminology! yep total agree with ya, would be useful to store frog info on pallets!

K-nine said:

"A palette is simply a single set of stored colour, beamshape or position values for a number of fixtures"[/color]

:? well aint the movement shapes chosen from the position attribute for a ficture; as a value? 8O

I'm sure K-nine will state a fantastic explanation why this is currently not possible, but it would be nice for it to come available in the future! :P

+ its great 2 Know that the invert pan/tilt of a fixture will be in the next update :D

I need a new job

• 2 years later...

Hi

I know, that I now come up with a feature already discussed in this forum. But I like to bring it up again.

It would be really helpful, if it was possible to display parameter details (i.e. red, gobo1, etc.) in the wheel LCD, instead of the DMX values. It would not only be helpful for the programming, editing and playingback a show. Furthermore, it would be especially helpful for preprogramming a show on the Phantom Frog.

I am sure, many users would appreciate such a feature.

Greets stagefrog

• 1 month later...