Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Wrong movement effects?

Conference

Using: Fat Frog

Serial Number: 0073301 xxxxxxxx

Software Ver.: 8.1.1

Bios Ver.: 5.0.1

After installing the latest software update (8.1.1) I was trying out the new features (programming in partial mode). But I noticed an oddity in the movement effects.

The movement effects like Tri, Ellipse and Quad don't seem to produce the required effect. All effects in the list seem to produce a Figure 8-like shape.

Also, the Rotn function seems to do the exact same thing as the Offset function. Both allow syncronisation; and Rotn does _not_ rotate the figure.

Has anybody experienced the same problem, or is there something I am overlooking?

Moderation: serial number removed.

Hi conference :-)

that´s it!

You should watch the position of your moving heads.

If they have to move through the 128 dec. Value for the Tilt movement, then you will see the "8" movement. Try to keep away from this tilt value by using moving effects and you will have your problem solved.

cheers

Svenner

Sven Paulsen

Klangfarbe Vienna