Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Where are my memories ?

litux

Yesterday, I had the following problem with one fat frog:

I was controlling 4 martin mac 300 (fixture 2-5) and 6 martin mac 500 (fixture 7-12).

After to have recorded several memories, palettes and chasers, I added 2 Martin mac 300 in fixtures 1 and 6... (these fisture were placed in the ground, I thought the memories and palettes previously done would serve to me perfectly) BUT NO 8O

All the memories and palettes were truncated and I had to return to create them. :lol:

I use software version 8.1

I may have misunderstood the problem, but....

If you recorded palettes with the 10 fixtures, then those palettes would not have contained any data for the two new fixtures you added afterwards. You would have needed to go back and edit the palettes to include the new fixtures. The same applies to the memories... if the lights were not assigned when you recorded them, then the desk wouldn't know that they were there.

If this is the case, then the desk is working the way it is supposed to.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

If you recorded palettes with the 10 fixtures, then those palettes would not have contained any data for the two new fixtures you added afterwards.

Yes I understand, but the palettes for the other 10 fixtures must have been intact .... and all the LTP data disappeared from palettes and memories when I added the two new fixtures

for example:

I had CYAN ( 255 dmx value ) in color palette 1 for fixtures 2-4

after including the fixtures 1 and 6 the color palette 1 for fixtures 2-4 became in WHITE ( no dmx value)

the same it happened with POSITION palettes and BEAMSHAPE palettes

if the lights were not assigned when you recorded them, then the desk wouldn't know that they were there.

of course, but the data contained in the palettes for previously assigned fixtures wouldn't have disappeared.

If this is the case, then the desk is working the way it is supposed to.

I don't know if this is a BUG or no but if I have to reprogram ALL the palettes only to add a pair of fixtures Then this is a big problem.

my English is pathetic, but I believe that You understand me