Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Futurelight Dominator

pogo

A friend of mine who is running a Fat frog in his nightclub has been trying to use this to control a Futurelight Dominator. He asked me to have a go at creating a fixture personality which had three seperate pan and tilts contained within it. I managed this, but then found that I couldn't access the effects generator to output values for all three.

Any ideas?

As far as I remember, when creating a new fixture type it is only possible to define one set of 'real' pan and tilt parameters.

Although I think it is possible to add other 'pan' and 'tilt' parameters in the Position group, it is NOT possible to classify them as 'pan' and 'tilt' (The special field in the parameter window).

The movement effects engine is only designed to work on the parameters which are defined as 'pan' and 'tilt'.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

The frog range only allow one Pan/Tilt pair per fixture, In the same way as they only allow one brightness (HTP) channel per fixture.

Another way around this would be to create 3 separate fixture types, one for the first Pan/Tilt pair and all the other parameters, and the other 2 for the remaining two pan/tilt pairs...

This will make DMX patching a bit more complicated, but should allow you to apply movement effects to all 3 pan/tilt pairs.

Simon Aspland

Another way around this would be to create 3 separate fixture types, one for the first Pan/Tilt pair and all the other parameters, and the other 2 for the remaining two pan/tilt pairs...

This will make DMX patching a bit more complicated, but should allow you to apply movement effects to all 3 pan/tilt pairs.

I was going to suggest that but you beat me to it :)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace