Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Dimming and Point Cues on the Bull Frog

Itsmecurli

I seem to be having a problem with my bull frog that I need assistance in remedying... bear with this note since the problem has occurred at 3:30 AM... When I am in a cue which I have saved... and I want to dim 2 lights (not conventionals) I am choosing the lights I wanted dimmed then brightness... and I drop the percent... but it isn't taking out the light if in the preset cue there were those lamps at a higher range... hence I cannot build on the cues I created... LIGHTING 101 in school... I must be missing something. I can play with their rotations, color, but brightness... I am locked out if the cue I am currently in has those lights active. HELP!

Secondly... can you create point cues like on the JANDS boards... watching these lights whip around into my dramatic presentation isn't all that appealing. THANKS!

8O

This occurs because the brightness channel is Highest Takes Precedence, whereas all the other attributes are Latest Takes Precedence.

I think the way to get over it is to plot an independant queue onto a submaster with the Brightness attributes on it, and take that down before you plot each queue, then only the channels you have manually adjusted before plotting will be on.

Also, don't forget to take PlaybackX down before you build the next cue.

As regards Point Cues, Select the current cue number in the next cue < > box, and press 'Insert'. Like magic, it inserts a point cue for you.

Hope this helps.

Peter

Peter Kirkup