Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

thanks for Illusion V7

spencer

I thought I should post here to thank everyone at Z88 for the version 7 software. Lots of the niggles I had are fixed and it even works correctly with my LCD screen now. Now looking forward to some basic moving light functions as these are a pig (or should that be frog) to do with the current system. Also still hoping for an easy way of labelling channels on the fly, we really should be past having to work with all these numbers by now. One thing both of us who use the desk have noted is that we are gravitating to using the mouse for almost everything during plotting and I thought I would never touch it.

• 4 weeks later...
... One thing both of us who use the desk have noted is that we are gravitating to using the mouse for almost everything during plotting and I thought I would never touch it.

As people become familiar with using PCs and laptops, it doesn't surprise me that they are also more comfortable using an external keyboard and mouse, together with the monitor screen for programming and operating lighting desks.

One of the challenges in designing the user interface is to ensure that wherever possible it is possible to carry out desk operations using the front panel controls, external keyboard and mouse or combinations of the various interfaces.

There may be occasions where there is insufficient room for a keyboard and mouse, or they are faulty or unavailable, so it should be possible to carry out all (or nearly all) functions from the front panel.

There are a only few 'mouse only' functions on the desk and we are looking into ways that these can also be performed via the front panel or external keyboard.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace