Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Submaster Levels

GeoVic

Something I would find useful is a submaster level on the subs page.

AND also would be dead useful on the Outputs page.

:idea: e.g.

sm level name etc...

1 [73] USR Congo boost ...

2 [FF] SL L113 special ...

and so on

the same as the O/P's page display i.e. green 'n' red for rising & falling levels

Nummer 2. please can we have a few bits of punctuation allowed on the names fields,

not much just a few ///'s & &&&'s mebbe a few ...'s as well.

oh! & a bakspase & delete 'cos mi speling is cra^H^H not very good. 8O

ta most glad,

George...

sm level name etc...

and so on

the same as the O/P's page display i.e. green 'n' red for rising & falling levels

George...

The Playback Status and Information (PSI) section of the monitor screen (which is always on display), is used to give an indication of which submasters are outputting data, fading or overlaid - see Frog Series operating manual page 7-9 for details.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

i.

The Playback Status and Information (PSI) section of the monitor screen (which is always on display), is used to give an indication of which submasters are outputting data, fading or overlaid - see Frog Series operating manual page 7-9 for details.

and very useful it is too,

but :P what I would find even more useful is the actual sm fader position (o/p level), so that the display on the output or SM page mimics all the fader positions, this would help when busking in the dark :o

i.e. most 1 night events :roll: when you have no program or setup time :x where you are running the board on subs

and flying blind.

ta,

George...

• 3 weeks later...

sm level name etc...

and so on

Please can we have a few bits of punctuation allowed on the names fields,

not much just a few ///'s & &&&'s mebbe a few ...'s as well.

oh! & a bakspase & delete 'cos mi speling is cra^H^H not very good. 8O

The following Frog Reference Numbers cover features to be reviewed for inclusion in future update packages:

Frog Reference No 5399 - Display of Submaster level on Submasters and Outputs screens.

Frog Reference No 5400 - Allow extra characters in text naming; Backspace and Delete keys to work in text editing.

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

• 3 years later...

Hello,

Since the upgrade to 10.4 the sub-levels are no longer displayed on the screen output. I remember that before the 10.4 upgrade I had the level displayed on the screen (don't remember if it was 00-FF or 00-99).

Wouldn't it be possible to bring the levels back? For now, the respective page number is displayed for each sub-channel..

Thanks,

romain.

As far as I know, the sub levels have never been displayed on the monitor output, it's always been the pages, check the manual (which was last updated for software 9.0) page 7-9.

If you want to know the level of the subs, why not look at the faders themselves?