Vari-Lite Controls Support Forum

Naming Show Files

GLX

Je slaat een showfiletje op op de diskette, gewoon op de normale manier;

* save show01

Vervolgens steek je m in de PC en geeft het filetje een andere naam

* rename show01 -> show15-10-2004

Die diskette steek je in je Frog, en wanneer je nu wilt saven staat er in het "save as" lijstje ook show15-10-2004

Op dit moment kun je alleen maar als showXX saven, niet als een ander bestand... zou handig zijn als dat wel kon, dan kun je namelijk per band een showfiletje "bandnaam.isf" maken en dat elke keer als je iets veranderd wijzigen...

Moet geen moeite zijn om dat te programmeren, en scheelt wel een boel wel voor mij (ik rename nu elke keer weer opnieuw).

In English, this is what I would like:

Save a show on the floppy disk. Stick that into the computer, and rename the file to "bandname.isf". Okay so now you've got your show for that band but you want to change some things. Stick the floppy in the Frog, load the show; alter your stuff and go to the save-screen. It should list "bandname" there, so you can overwrite that file with the new show!

At this time after each show I stick the floppy in a PC and rename again, okay it's not that bad but hey; LD's are lazy :P

> 500 posts, time for a new T-shirt? ;)

Now I understand what you are saying ... I agree with you :D

At the moment, as you have discovered, the software only displays the renamed show files when you do a Load Show Operation.

I agree that it should also show all valid frog show files found on the floppy disk when you do a Save Show operation to allow you to overwrite an existing show file on the disk.

We will bear this in mind when (if ?) we implement the naming of show files in a future release :)

K-Nine : Technically Advanced Roving Dog In Space

Bran Media | Myspace

Ik spreek het geen Nederlands.. dit gebruikend de Babel vissenvertaler werd gedaan :P

Nice try K-Nine, let me translate it:

"I speak the not Dutch...this using the Babel-fishtranslator was done"

If you are in Belgium or the Netherlands, just say 'GODVERDOMME' :D,

they will even understand this in South-Africa

Den Pipo

Pro Light Design

• 4 months later...